Caspases (cysteine-dependent aspartate specific ptotease) are a family of cysteine proteases that play an essential role in cell apoptosis. Caspases contain a conserved QACXG pentapeptide active site motif and are characterized by specificity for aspartic acid in the P1 position. The synthesis of caspases involves the activation of inactive proenzymes, which contain an N-terminal peptide (prodomain) together with two subunits (one small and one large), following cleavage at specific aspartate cleavage sites. Caspases can be classified into three subfamilies, due to phylogenetic analysis, including an ICE subfamily (caspases-1, -4 and -5), a CED-3/CPP32 subfamily (caspases-3, -6, -7, -8, -9 and -10) and an ICH-1/Nedd2 subfamily (caspase-2).
- Cat.No. Product Name Information
Cell-permeable, irreversible pan-caspase inhibitor. Inhibits caspase processing and apoptosis induction in tumor cells in vitro (IC50 = 0.0015 - 5.8 mM). Active in vivo.
Q-VD-OPH is a selective, brain and cell permeable, highly potent and irreversible inhibitor of caspase-3 ( IC50=25nm), caspase-1 (IC50=50nM), caspase-8 (IC50=100nM) and caspase-9 (IC50=430nM).
- A9901 Caspase Inhibitor Set I Contains 25µl (10mM) each of the following inhibitors: A1902 Z-VAD-FMK, A1901 Q-VD-OPH, A1920 Z-DEVD-FMK,A8321 Cisplatin
- A1925 Caspase-3/7 Inhibitor I A potent, cell-permeable, and specific, reversible inhibitor of caspase-3 (Ki = 60 nM) and caspase-7 (Ki = 170 nM).
Z-DEVD-FMK is a tetrapeptide caspase inhibitor that is considered relatively selective for caspase-3 and has been widely used in in vitro and in vivo models of acute injury to delineate roles for caspase 3 in neuronal cell death.
- A8238 VX-765 VX-765, an orally- absorbed pro-drug of VRT-043198, is a potent and selective inhibitor of caspase-1 which belongs to the ICE/caspase-1 sub-family caspases.
- A1923 Z-VEID-FMK Z-VEID-FMK is the specific recognition sequence for caspase-6/Mch2.
- A1922 Z-VDVAD-FMK Irreversible caspase-2 inhibitor. Attenuates oxyhemoglobin-induced cleavage of PARP and apoptosis in endothelial cells.
Z-IETD-FMK is an inhibitor of caspase 8 .
- A1921 Z-DQMD-FMK Caspase-3 inhibitor. Inhibits MG 132-induced small cell lung cancer cell death in vitro.