BCL-XL (B-cell lymphoma-extra large), an anti-apoptotic member of the BCL-2 family proteins, is prominently found in the inner membrane of mitochondria and characterized by containing all four BCL-2 homology (BH) domains (BH1 to BH4). A hydrophobic cleft (the BH3-binding groove) formed by apposition of the BH1, BH2 and BH3 domains has been identified in the molecular surface of BCL-XL, through which it interacts with pro-apoptotic BCL-2 proteins, Bax and Bak, to inhibit apoptosis. Moreover, BCL-XL also exhibits anti-autophagy abilities to avoid autophagic cell death by binding to protein Beclin 1, which is required to initiate the formation of autophagasome in autophagy.
- Cat.No. Product Name Information
- A8634 WEHI-539 hydrochloride WEHI-539 hydrochloride is a small-molecule inhibitor of BCL XL with IC50 value of 1.1 nM .
- A4234 TW-37 TW-37 is a novel nonpeptide inhibitor to recombinant Bcl-2, Bcl-xL and Mcl-1 with Ki of 0.29 μM, 1.11 μM and 0.26 μM, respectively.
ABT-737 is a BH3 mimetic inhibitor of Bcl-xL, Bcl-2 and Bcl-w with EC50 of 78.7 nM, 30.3 nM and 197.8 nM, respectively; no inhibition observed against Mcl-1, Bcl-B or Bfl-1.
- A8168 HA14-1 HA14-1 is a non-peptidic ligand of a Bcl-2 surface pocket with IC50 of 9 μM.
- B6164 A-1331852
- B6163 A-1155463
WEHI-539 is a small-molecule inhibitor of BCLXLwith an IC50 value of 1.1 nM .
- A3424 Gambogic Acid Gambogic acid (GA) is an inducer of apoptosis with EC50 value of 0.78-1.64 μM for caspases and with IC50 values of 1.47, 1.21, 2.02, 0.66, 1.06 and 0.79 μM for Bcl-XL, Bcl-2, Bcl-W, Bcl-B, Bfl-1 and Mcl-1, respectively .